CCS- CERTIFIED CODING SPECIALIST
Take this Course
Duration: 60 Hrs
Fee: $350 /- USD
Languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada
Batches: Weekdays, Weekends
- Certified Coding Specialists are mastery-level professionals skilled in classifying medical data from patient records, generally in the hospital setting. These coding practitioners review patients’ records and assign numeric codes for each diagnosis and procedure.
- To perform this task, they must possess expertise in the ICD-10-CM and CPT coding systems. In addition, the CCS is knowledgeable in medical terminology, disease processes, and pharmacology. Professionals experienced in coding inpatient and outpatient records should consider obtaining this credential.
- Review patients’ records and assign numeric codes for each diagnosis and procedure
- Possess expertise in the ICD-10-CM and CPT coding systems
- Are knowledgeable about medical terminology, disease processes, and pharmacology.
- Hospitals and medical providers take the coded data created by CCSs to insurance companies—or to the government in the case of Medicare and Medicaid recipients—for reimbursement of expenses.
- Researchers and public health officials also use this data to monitor patterns and explore new interventions.
Instructor led classroom Training
Copy of study materials
Mock up test will be provided to understand and get the hint to pass the CSS Exam
Free Re-Training for those who have doubts or missed any sessions
Course Completion Certificate
By Credential: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS-P OR
By Education: The following courses MUST be completed; anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced ICD diagnostic/procedural and CPT coding; OR
By Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience directly applying codes; OR
By Credential with Experience: CCA plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes; OR
Other Coding credential from other certifying organization plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying codes.
Reporting Requirements for Inpatient Services
Reporting Requirements for Outpatient Services
Data Quality Management
Privacy, Confidentiality, Legal and Ethical Issues